We offer booked appointments from 8:30 – 10:30 am and 2:30 – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (except Thursday afternoons).
Please be advised that each appointment slot is 10 minutes. During this time the Doctor will only be able to deal with one problem. If you have more than one problem please book a double appointment.
In the event of an emergency and there are no free appointments on the day, please explain your requirements to the receptionist in order to make arrangements for you to be contacted by a GP.
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients “why they need to be seen”. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- the most appropriate medical care,
- from the most appropriate health professional,
- at the most appropriate time.
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially.
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly.
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from reception
- However if you feel any issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will be respected
Thank you for your support
The Treatment Room is open Monday – Friday 8:30 – 12:20 and 2:00 – 5:00 (apart from Thursday afternoons). Appointments are necessary.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation. Please ask at time of booking.
Alternatively you can book appointments using the EMIS access online service. For more information and to get the necessary details to register online please contact the Surgery.
If you have already registered for the online service and wish to make an appointment please click on the icon below.
Each doctor has a number of telephone appointments each day.
If you feel you need to speak to a doctor and the problem can be dealt with over the phone please book a telephone appointment.
If the doctor of your choice has no slots left you will be offered a telephone appointment with another doctor.
These calls are usually made between 11:30am – 12:30pm.
Please keep your line free when you are expecting a call as it is not always possible for the doctor to keep trying to contact you if you miss the initial call.
Missed Appointments Policy
Due to the number of missed appointments being a frequent occurrence we have now decided to implement the following policy:
If you fail to attend appointments without informing us we will write to you asking if there are specific problems preventing you from attending or cancelling your appointments.
If you repeatedly fail to attend for appointments you may be removed from the practice list and have to find an alternative GP.